Sunday, March 23, 2003

...and meanwhile the war.

In no particular order, here are the books I've acquired during my visit to the Bay Area. So many wonderful used bookstores here, incredible poetry selections. The poverty of what's available back east is what makes me want to move back here as much as the natural beauty does. Even in New York City I've been unable to find stores with poetry selections this good, though perhaps I haven't looked very hard. The books are:

Raphael Rubinstein, The Basement of the Cafe Rilke
Barbara Guest, Forces of Imagination
Erin Mouré, Search Procedures
Tripwire No. 6
Joseph Lease, The Room (one dollar at Cody's!)
The Baffler No. 15
Kenward Elmslie, Moving Right Along (with original Joe Brainard cover)
Mark Salerno, Method
Theresa Hak Kyung Cha, Dictée (yes, I know I should have already had this)
Tom Mandel and Daniel Davidson, Absence Sensorium
Laura Moriarty, Symmetry
Tomaz Salamun, Feast (another Cody's remaindered special)
Poetics Journal No. 10
Robert Glück, Margery Kempe
Chain No. 8, "Comics"
Simon Perchik, Autochton
Kenneth Koch, Hotel Lambosa

How I'm going to lug all this stuff home I'll never know.

How I'm supposed to look at anyone else who's not American in the face ever again I'll never know.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Followers