Monday, July 03, 2006

"The ideal function of community is simply to exist." Kasey responds usefully to Lisa Robertson's meditation on poetry and community over at the Poetry Foundation, which seems to be doing a much better job of being interesting and ecumenical than the magazine does. All of Robertson's journals are worth reading; I have a serious intellectual crush on her.

Mostly been ignoring the activities of the School of Criticism and Theory" this summer at Cornell, but I am looking forward to this afternoon's public lecture by Brent Hayes Edwards: "Come Out: Race, Music, and Serial Poetics." I think he's going to talk about Nathaniel Mackey, whose work I'd like to know better.

Is it too early to get excited about the next SOON reading, featuring two of my bestest friends, Richard Greenfield and Brian Teare? I think not.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Followers