Saturday, October 30, 2004

Went to Sayre, Pa. again today, asking registered Democrats and Independents to vote on Tuesday. Most of the folks we talked to were enthusiastic Kerry supporters; a couple even said they would volunteer themselves. Emily and I along with our friends Karen and Jerry and going to go down to Wilkes-Barre on Election Day to help get folks to the polls. The Bin Laden thing is, I think, the only thing Bush has got going for him this point after a week of horrible news for the administration—but it was released on a Friday, never a good time to try and get the full attention of the American people. Fear is all the Republicans have got, the only thing that obscures their incompetence and radical agenda. I don't think it's going to be enough to carry them through.

Energized and exhausted by turns. We'll all be glad when this over, I think. When will that be? I still believe that Kerry will win handily in terms of electoral votes, but I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it. But even a squeaker is bound to go for Kerry. Ya gotta believe.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Followers