Thursday, October 02, 2003

That Is No Country for Old Men

I'm 33 today, staying in a grotty hostel in London not far from Bloomsbury. Having a marvelous time. The paper went well on Sunday; on Monday I went to Stratford and visited the various Shakespeare shrines, including the RSC, where I saw a thrilling production of Cymbelline. On Tuesday I went to Warwick Castle in the morning and early afternoon and London that evening. Yesterday I visited the British Museum, the Tate Modern, saw Kenneth Branagh in David Mamet's not-so-great Edmond, and got a ticket to be a groundling at the Globe Theatre's production of As You Like It for tonight. Today, the Tower of London. Tomorrow, perhaps Cambridge. That's the news for now; I'll come back to the conference and the things I saw and did there when I get home.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Followers